Find out more about our wide and varied Curriculum
Click on the links above to see each curriculum offer in more detail or click on the link for Birmingham’s Curriculum Statement and offer across our great city. https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/downloads/file/1491/birmingham_curriculum_statement
Whole School Curriculum intent
Our curriculum intent is underpinned by our vision and values:
At Queensbury School, we believe our students have SEND needs that are like superpowers. Our students and community should feel safe and secure in being able to discover and explore through their talents, attributes and individuality but demonstrate tolerance, equality and empathy to others.
We see each student as a unique individual and we cater for their needs by offering four personalised curriculum pathways; Discovery, Explorer, Venture and Navigator.
Taking into account the need of all our students, we have developed our curriculum to:
- Instil a deep learning of knowledge and skills through the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum in preparation for adulthood
- Provide opportunities for channelling, practice and reinforcement
- Provide collaborative and independent learning experiences that promote creativity and develop cultural capital
- Provide support and challenge to enable all pupils to celebrate success.
- Encourage pupils to contribute positively to life in modern Britain
- Enable all students to unleash their limitless potential
Key Stage 3 & 4 Curriculum
Key Stage 5 Curriculum